Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Snowy days...

Can you believe it? It's totally snowing today. In Athens. I LOVE IT!!!

Ok.. so it's pretty much a flurry - but I'll take it! It makes me feel like I'm in Virginia again!
This morning - a friend, M, brought her 2 kids over and they played, watched movies, watched the snow fall and made cupcakes! It was such a nice snowy morning! Oh yeah.. did I mention that Athens shut down the schools today? They are insane.... it was LITERALLY a flurry!!!! HAHAHAHA! Just one more funny thing I love about this place!

Since moving here... I've become quite the crafter. I don't know if it's my maternal instincts kicking in - or the complete boredom of living here. But I love it. A SUPER CRAFTER over at Crafterhours, A, is teaching me to sew... and it's been quite the journey. This skirt was my first...
I literally didn't know how to even thread a needle. A little ridiculous, right?

Then went on to do these dresses (one for Z, one for Z's friend Andi)



and I'm LOVING IT!!! I can't wait to make more and more and more!!!!

I'll keep adding pics of the things that I've done  and am working on! It's nice to have a hobby... that I can do during Z's nap time!!! :)

Strike Update:
All strikes cancelled due to weather. At least they got the right idea there! HAHA!

We should have snow more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment